The Support Team
The missions are performed with the permanent support of a team composed of two or three members of Amadeus Executives.
This team is chosen to bring both an expertise of the business sector and additional skills to the manager who leads the mission.
The support team allows to bring an expert and independent insight to the mission.
It also allows to considerably broaden the Interim Manager analysis capacity:
- It acts as a sounding board to help the manager take crucial decisions, as well as during the critical moments of the situation analysis,
- It allows to identify the alerts and the ” reliable signals “ which the manager in the course of his/her action could overlook,
- It can bring a specific operational support in the course of an assignment (for instance, the support of an HR specialist when considering a downsizing operation or that of an IT expert when considering a new ERP).
Formalization of Objectives
- Giving full visibility to the contractor so that he/she can follow the progress of the mission and intervene at the right time if needed
- The set of Objectives is used as a check list to the interim manager to keep the right distance to the project and review it regularly.
- Capitalize and enrich the know-how accumulated by Amadeus Members during hundreds of accomplished missions.
- And thus, offer the best quality of service to our customers.
There are five steps in the approach.
According to the context of the mission, the duration of each step may vary:
1. Initial assessment
Fifteen days to know the company better:
Managing one’s arrival
Performing a clear, straight to the point internal and external communication.
Taking the necessary steps to be able to play one’s management role (powers of attorney, bank signatures, … ). Making sure that the role of the Manager, his/her positioning and the general terms of its mission have been properly communicated.
Understanding the issues
Meeting with the shareholders, the group management, the investment funds, the direct collaborators, the union representatives.
Visiting the main sites (plants and offices).
Meeting the other stakeholders: customers, suppliers, financial partners, administrative and political interlocutors.
Confirm or change the initial hypotheses
SWOT Analysis of the company
Understanding of the culture of the company.
This first milestone will be materialized by a formal report: “The Initial Assessment“.
2.Building the Action Plan
Fifteen days to establish an action plan and launch it. Its duration, pace and intensity, will vary according to the urgency of the mission.
Determining the objectives of the mission
Updating the diagnosis.
Establishing the action plan and communicate it.
Explaining what changes will occur regarding the company culture and the behavior of each stakeholder.
Defining the necessary resources and potential investments.
Confirm the target situation
Defining objectives in terms of organization, governance, key figures and indicators.
Validate the road map and its KPIs
Defining the reporting system: in terms of content and frequency.
3. Action Plan implementation:
Leading the mission according to the action plan with enough flexibility to deal with unforeseen events.
A hands-on approach with particular attention to details is the signature of AMADEUS EXECUTIVES
The team of support AMADEUS EXECUTIVES plays a key-role in this phase not only by bringing an external eye on the progress of the mission but also by bringing specific expertise when needed
Permanent communication of progress of the action plan and impact on key indicators is key.
4. Final Assessment
At the end of mission, it is essential to ensure with the client that the action plan has been completed and that the right people have been empowered to pursue the actions and maintain the momentum.
A feedback meeting of the mission will be performed to ensure that no pending issue is left without a proper action plan.
A return on experience is performed with a clear attention brought to the remarks of the client.
Recommendations with regards to the continuation of the operations.
Sometimes a post-assignment support turns out to be necessary to assure the organization is properly functioning after the Interim Executive’s departure.
An assignment is on the right tracks when:
- The objectives of the mission remain clear for the Client, the Interim Executive and the Staff.
- The scheduling of the mission has been respected.
- The Client acknowledges the progress carried out thanks to the action of the Interim Executive.
They are satisfactory if the goals agreed upon the road map are met and if the indicators have reached their target points.
Interim Management brings several benefits:
- The Interim Executive focuses on the priorities without emotional interference; he/she is not bound to the past, and does not worry about his/her future in the company
- He/she can concentrate on the interest of the company as set by the client
- The success of the mission highly depends on his capacity to get the commitment from the Staff. This favors the emergence of true leaders within the company and reinforces the confidence in dealing with the future
- He/she has a long and diversified experience which allows him to act at a very fast pace.